Volunteering is a great way to share your time and talents—as well as a chance to develop new friendships, learn new skills and help our community! Each year, volunteers donate hundreds of hours performing a wide range of tasks at the park. You do not need to be a member of the Friends to volunteer. All you need to do is get in touch and let us know your interest: email@example.com.
Volunteers perform a wide range of tasks, including:
- Maintaining bluebird trails and records
- Maintaining the trail system (mowing, brush cutting, trails repair)
- Assisting with visiting school groups
- Collecting and spreading prairie seeds
- Helping with special events (baked goods, greeting, registration, food sales, set up and more)
- History/archaeology (research, digs)
- Administration (board member, committee work)
- Writing (grants, newsletters, educational materials)
- Park service projects–young people earn advancement toward prestigious awards including Eagle Scout rank in Boy Scouts or Gold Awards in Girl Scouts
Look at all the things our volunteers do! Click here to learn more and see photos.